Google+ Followers

Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Staples Out

Leonie wouldn't allow me to do anything on Saturday.  I woke up after a long lie in and as it was a nice day we spent the morning in the garden.   My sister,  Sheila, and her husband Dave came over and we swapped a gas BBQ for a big slide for the boys. 

Oscar had gone to a friends birthday party so Sidney got to play on the slide for a while before we walked over to my mum's house, about quarter of a mile away.  From here she drove us to my brothers grave.  It would have been my brothers 38th birthday.   He died of pneumonia a little over 8 years ago.  After our trip to visit him, my mum dropped us at home and Oscar was dropped off and he was gushing about holding a snake at the party.

The afternoon was relaxed and was good to spend time together as a family, both the boys playing on the new slide as we sat out in the sun.

The district nurse was due again in the evening and I mentioned to her that the wound was becoming quite painful.  She inspected the wound site and made the decision to remove the staples once she had given me the fragmin injection.  I was a little apprehensive about this and the idea of having the staples removed scared me.  The nurse went to work and to be honest I didn't really feel the majority of them being removed, but some felt like I was being pinched.  After a few short minutes she told me she was all done, I looked down at my stomach and saw what looked like a long centipede; a long curving line with little feet each side of it. 

On Sunday, Leonie's family were due to visit; mum, dad, sister, brother in law, nephews, and grandad.  We had a houseful and although I didn't do anything apart from sitting in a chair all day, by the end of the day I was knackered.  It was great to see everyone but I think for me there was a lot going on.  It was the first time we had seen grandad Rex in some time and today he learned about my current condition.

It was a happy day but tiring.  Overall since leaving hospital,  although it was only a couple of days ago and it now seemed an age ago, I had slipped into home life again so easily.  Leonie refuses for me to do anything and it already seems like she does so much.

Eating is still hit and miss and lunch times seem to be the most difficult meal, but it will take time to find a good routine and diet plan that works and that I feel comfortable with, I have to remember that Rome wasn't built in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment