Google+ Followers

Thursday, 21 August 2014

Twin Visit

On Tuesday I had arranged to go into work and meet with my manager, Karyn, and HR about returning to work in September.  It seems like this recovery time has flown by and I haven't done much, but I suppose thats the point of recovery.  I'm looking forward to getting back to work, mainly for a bit of structure around my week as at home I lose track of what day it is.

The meeting was good and we agreed that a phased return would work best as I still struggle with energy levels.   It was also good to see my work buddies and I realised how much I have missed these people, we are like a big family at work.

Wednesday we had a visit from my twin, Janette, and her kids, Arthur and Alice.  They had come up for a few days from Wiltshire.  We chatted in the morning and filled each other in on what we had been up to and in the afternoon Leonie and Janette took the kids to the park so I could have a nap.

As Leonie was back in work on Thursday,  Janette and my mum came over and we went out for lunch to the Ancient Oak in Cottam as they have a soft play area for the kids.  We had a drink while the kids blew off some steam running about and playing.   When we got home my mum and Janette again took the kids out so I could have another afternoon sleep.

It's a shame Janette lives so far away and we don't get to see her very often but it means a whole lot more to see her when she visits.  I wouldn't be able to drive the distance to visit her at the moment but we will get down when we can.

The sun came out on Friday so I decided to take the boys out on their bikes.  We didn't go far and took our time and went to visit my older sister, Sheila.  She had been on holiday to Spain so we hadn't seen eah other for a couple of weeks and she looked tanned.  The kids all played together before we made our way home for the return bike trip, I'm pretty sure that the boys walk quicker than they ride but it was fun.  I also think it's important to get them into different sports at an early age and get them active so it was a good trip out.

Apart from the tiredness, towards the back end of the week my teeth started hurting and I had had this during my previous chemo sessions so I knew what it was, oral thrush.  I could see the whiteness at the very back of my mouth and immediately started with the mouth wash I had previously been prescribed hoping it would clear up, but as the days went on it became more painful to the point where I was struggling to eat on Friday night so I decided to call the doctors in the morning to try and get some more medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment